The Sensapure Academy
At Sensapure, we believe that talented-tasters are made, not born.
What is the Sensapure Tasting Academy?
OK, we admit it. We want all of our clients to be great taste testers because it makes our job easier. But we also think that the science of flavor and taste is just plain amazing, and we love sharing as much as we can about how great flavors are made. The Sensapure Tasting Academy are custom tailored experiences for your team to learn more about flavors, tasting, and how the senses drive our emotional purchase decisions.
Why it matters?
The Sensapure Academy can help you and your team learn from our flavor chemists about the world of taste. The more your product development group understands about the nuances of flavor and ingredients, the better their work will be. The more your executive team learns the language of tasting, the better their feedback will be. Learning how we perceive flavors and using consistent language to describe our own experience helps all of us better share our customers’ taste experiences.
What topics do we cover?
- Defining Flavor: What is flavor?
Learn how flavor is influenced by all
- Commonly Used Ingredients:
Sweeteners, acids, gums, colors,
- Taste Technologies: Enhancing,
masking, aroma, plated, spray dried,
- Nutraceutical Flavoring Challenges: Proteins, naturals, active ingredients, and stability.
- Regulations and Labeling: How the FDA classifies flavors and the required label disclosures.
- The Language of Flavors: Common flavor descriptors help communicate our individual perceptions about flavors.